Nordisk Panorama Looking for Top-Notch Festival Producer
Nordisk Panorama is looking for a new festival producer taking over in March or as soon as possible. Join our dynamic organisation as a key member of the team.
Nordisk Panorama – Nordic Short & Doc Film Festival is the most important meeting place, promotion and exhibition platform for Nordic filmmakers and their films. The festival is organized by a team of dedicated people in two units placed in Malmö and Copenhagen and in collaboration with the City of Malmö and regional film fund Film i Skåne.
The festival producer is responsible for developing, planning and carrying out Nordisk Panorama Festival taking place in Malmö 16-21 September 2016 and is on a daily basis heading the team operating out of the Malmö unit in close cooperation with the Managing Director of Nordisk Panorama.
We are looking for a Festival Producer ready to engage in a dynamic organisation working all year round to create and deliver a fantastic film festival to the audience in the region as well as to the many professional guests visiting from all over Europe and the rest of the world.
The job involves
• Recruiting and leading a seasonal staff and volunteers to organize a successful festival
• Fundraising from Swedish sources and sponsors as well as responsibility for the festival budget
• Establishing and managing festival logistics as well as negotiating and closing deals with local venues, hotels, restaurants and technical partners
• Initiating, negotiating and maintaining strategic partnerships with local sponsors and partners
• Playing a key role in the production of promotional material and communication with the communications officer
• Preparing festival statistics, evaluation reports and financial accounts
• Min. two years of experience with similar tasks within cultural events and project management
• Experience with planning and executing large events or conferences
• Experience with fundraising, budgeting and administrative tasks
• Experience as a team leader
• Experience with PR and communication
• Ability to speak and read fluently in Swedish and English
Nice to have:
• Experience with organizing film events
• Knowledge and experience from the film industry or related industries i.e. games
• A strong network in the film and cultural field
• Experience from working with a public organization such as the City of Malmö
• Good understanding of Malmö City and the region
• Ability to speak and read other Nordic languages
In order to succeed as our Festival Producer we believe you should be a positive thinker with a good balance between structure and flexibility. You work well in teams and also independently and find yourself energized by new challenges.
You can handle many simultaneous tasks and have the overview to prioritize and delegate to others in order to meet deadlines. You can take on a strategic perspective and also put yourself in the place of the user in order to create the best festival in the Nordic countries.
Job details & how to apply
The job is a full time position for 1 year with possibility of extension. Job start is in March or as soon as possible. The main work place is at the Nordisk Panorama office at the Department of Culture at Mazettihuset in Malmö, but days at the Copenhagen office are required. Some traveling is also required.
For questions, please contact Søren Poulsen, Managing Director of Nordisk Panorama: +45 2636 4408. Union Representatives: Jenny Eliasson, Vision, +46 (0) 709-46 35 14 and Märta Lünnér, Saco/DIK, +46 (0) 40-34 48 55.
Please apply online through this link. Application in Swedish. Reference number: 141 – Producent NP. The deadline to apply is 24 February. Interviews will be held on a running basis, so we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. We’re looking forward to receiving your application.