Call for the position of
of Nordisk Panorama,
position commencing 1 August, 2018.
The board of Nordisk Panorama seeks to hire a new Director for the organisation as of summer 2018. We are looking for a professional with passion for documentary and short films and that will take on the task of leading a cornerstone organisation within the Nordic film industry.
Nordisk Panorama is at the forefront of Nordic short and documentary financing, marketing and promotion. We are looking for an inspired person who combines experience with innovation to identify new frontiers and ensure that Nordic films get funded and seen by the Nordic community and worldwide.
Applicants must posses the following required skills:
- Experience in financing, marketing and distribution of documentaries and short films.
- Have a broad network of contacts within the film/television communities in the Nordic countries and beyond.
- Organisational, administrative, fundraising and social skills, which are essential for this position. Experience in managing cultural events is a plus.
- The ability to build and lead a team and take part in team work.
- Very good communication skills and problem-solving attitude that can adapt easily to new challenges.
- Fluency, both in speech and writing, in at least one Scandinavian language in addition to English.
- Have a good understanding of digital tools for the purpose of distributing and promoting films and film related events.
Established in 1991, the organisation’s primary activity and most visible brand is Nordisk Panorama Film Festival taking place in Malmö, Sweden. It is the main annual industry platform for the Nordic short and documentary film community comprising a 5-day festival of quality films, seminars and workshops for audiences and industry alike and including the strong industry events Nordisk Panorama Forum for Co-financing of Documentaries and Nordisk Panorama Market.
Year round, the organisation offers consultancy in matters of international financing and distribution of short and documentary films and acts as a facilitator and matchmaker at international events.
The Nordisk Panorama Director heads the organisation as well as the annual event.
The director will work together year round with the department managers, including a Head of Office who shares the responsibility of day to day tasks as well as overseeing HR responsibilities. Seasonal staff as well as volunteers are hired around the NP event in Malmö each year in September in collaboration with the Managers and Head of Office.
Currently, the main office of Nordisk Panorama is situated in Copenhagen, however a transition of the whole administration to Malmö is planned and underway.
The position as Director is for a five-year-period at the end of which the contract may be extended. The director answers to a board of film professionals from the Nordic countries. Salary and terms of contract are subject to Danish law.
Applications must contain a CV and and Cover Letter highlighting the strengths and abilities of the applicant for a leadership role of Nordisk Panorama. References will be required (References from Film/TV professionals are a plus).
Applications should be sent by 6 May to Chairman of the Board Dag Hoel firstname.lastname@example.org marked DIRECTOR.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place in Copenhagen in May.
For further information about the position, please contact Chairman of the Board Dag Hoel email@example.com or on +47 90781999