Nordisk Panorama is looking for a Festival Manager to join our dedicated team
Are you ready to join an awesome festival organisation and lead the Nordisk Panorama festival production team for the 2023 edition and forward?
Every September Nordisk Panorama Film Festival invites the residents of southern Sweden and 1.000 international industry professionals to join us for six exciting days of watching great Nordic documentaries and short films, a stellar conference programme, and lots of social events for anyone who enjoys meeting people and networking with the international industry.
Nordisk Panorama is a non-profit organisation created by and for Nordic filmmakers 33 years ago to promote documentaries and short films from the Nordic region. Today we run a year-round operation and a leading festival that showcases the very best Nordic shorts & docs produced throughout the year.
The Festival Manager oversees the production of the festival and is one of a group of team-leaders working together to produce an exceptional professional event. All the activities for the general audiences are the responsibility of the festival manager.
We are looking for an experienced project manager and collaborative team leader to plan, budget, and produce a welcoming and fun event that leaves the audience with an experience worth talking about.
The Festival Manager works from our office in Malmö and reports to the Executive Director. Occasional visits to our Copenhagen industry office are required.
The job includes:
- Building and leading a team of seasonal staff members to deliver a successful festival
- Taking part in fundraising for the festival activities from various financiers and sponsors
- Planning and delivering all events and screenings during the festival
- Managing the festival’s logistics incl. deals with local venues, hotels, restaurants, and technical partners
- Initiating and maintaining strategic partnerships with local sponsors and partners throughout the year
- Overseeing marketing and communications in collaboration with the Communications Manager
- Delivering festival statistics, evaluation reports and financial accounts
- Vast experience with project management
- Experience as a team leader
- Experience with planning and producing large events or conferences
- Experience with budgeting, familiarity with fundraising and administrative tasks
- Experience with PR and communication
- Fluent in Swedish and English
Nice to have:
- Experience organising film events
- Education and experience in the audiovisual industry
- A strong network in the film and cultural fields in Malmö and internationally
- Good understanding of the other Nordic languages
We are looking for a positive thinker with a good balance between structure and flexibility. Someone who can work independently as well as collaboratively with a team. You should be energised by new challenges and capable of working well during busier times.
You can handle a high degree of complexity in your work and are able to prioritise and delegate or ask for help to meet every deadline. You can take a strategic perspective and put yourself in the shoes of the audience to create the best festival experience for our visitors.
This position is full-time with a year-round contract. There will be a 3-month trial period. The salary will depend on qualifications and include a pension scheme incl. insurance. Start date: 1 October (or agreed upon date).
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Anita Reher, Executive Director at email@example.com. To apply, send a cover letter and your CV via email with the subject heading Festival Manager before 15 September 2022. Interviews will be held ongoing.
For more information about Nordisk Panorama please visit our website www.nordiskpanorama.com