Join the Nordic Delegation to Sheffield Doc/Fest
Nordisk Panorama is coordinating the Nordic delegation to Sheffield Doc/Fest in the UK, securing Nordic film professionals value-for-money access. Join the delegation!
Delegation deadline: 26 April 2018 at noon
About Sheffield Doc/Fest
Sheffield Doc/Fest is the UK’s premier documentary marketplace, festival and conference, taking place 7-12 June 2018.
Sheffield Doc/Fest is an important annual platform for the documentary industry and offers extensive marketplace opportunities for all delegates. The event is at the forefront when it comes to embracing the cross-platform media landscape.
In 2017, over 300 decision-makers attended Sheffield Doc/Fest. Sheffield Doc/Fest is an ideal place to meet potential production investors and production partners. The relaxed atmosphere provides a forum to hold informal and formal meetings.
The Nordic delegation at Sheffield Doc/Fest 2018
As a Festival partner, Nordisk Panorama can offer a limited number of festival passes at a discounted rate of £209+VAT on a first-come, first-served basis (standard price £299).
Members of the Nordic Delegation to Sheffield Doc/Fest will be offered:
- Reduced rate delegate pass of GBP 209 + VAT which gives full access to the Festival including the Film, Alternate Realities and Talks & Sessions programme, as well as the Marketplace, DocPlayer, Social events and Parties (except for MeetMarket, which has a special selection process. Deadline for MeetMarket: 14 February 2018 @ 17:00 UK Time)
- Enhanced visibility in the Doc/Fest catalogue and on the Doc/Fest website
- Help and support from the Nordisk Panorama and Doc/Fest staff
To sign up for the Nordic delegation, please send the name, email and company of all participants to email@example.com no later than 26 April 2018 at noon.
Nordic Vodka Hour
During the Guilty Pleasures Party on Tuesday for which all delegates at the festival are invited, we will be hosting the now legendary Nordic Vodka Hour celebrating the Nordic presence at Sheffield Doc/Fest. Don’t miss it. Tell all of your contacts and if you are Nordic, help serve the shots on the night!
Nordics in Sheffield, don’t miss our Nordic dinner on Monday 11 June 7:30 PM. More info to come. Sign up by sending the name of all people joining us to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 7 June.
MeetMarket and Alternate Realities Market
MeetMarket is one of Europe’s top documentary pitching forums, offering a unique way to pitch groundbreaking documentary projects through individually matchmade meetings where both pitchers and decision-makers have requested to meet, so participants can get straight into creative and financial discussions.
Interactive factual/documentary; web-based, mobile phone/mobile device content, cross-platform, Virtual Reality and convergent media projects are also eligible and indeed highly encouraged, with specialised commissioners, funders and advisers present. Projects will be considered simultaneously for the Alternate Realities Market as well – please read the information about that Market carefully and see if you are eligible.
MeetMarket and the Alternate Realities Market are invitation-only events with pitchers selected from open applications. The Markets have a selection process and are not included in the discounted fee. Guidelines for eligibility are:
- MeetMarket & Alternate Realities Market is open to all documentary makers from any country, no prior credits are necessary, and to projects at any stage of development, production, or post-production.
- Projects must have international appeal and take an innovative/fresh approach to either the content, the execution of the idea or both.
- Projects may take any form or specialist focus, e.g. feature documentaries, television, series or specialised genres. Natural history, science and arts projects are very welcome.
- Projects do not need to have financing already in place.
Deadline for MeetMarket applications: 14 February 2018 @ 17:00 UK time.
Other pitching & marketplace events
- Pitch Opportunities, with substantial amounts of funding, in-kind support and opportunities up for grabs, for a wide range of different kinds of factual projects. Pitches will be announced on the Doc/Fest website.
- Round Table Sessions give an opportunity for any delegate to informally meet key international documentary decision-makers in a group discussion and information-sharing format.
- The 10 Minute Meets are an excellent way for Doc/Fest delegates to meet one-to-one with selected funders, buyers and mentors in the Festival’s Marketplace. If you’re not selected for MeetMarket, this is a great way to connect with, and pitch to, the people who can support your documentary, factual or interactive project.
- The Market Switchboard – Get on-demand personal advice and connections! The Marketplace team at Doc/Fest welcome all delegates to approach our dedicated table just outside the MeetMarket room. Here you can take advice on who might be useful for you to meet in the Marketplace in Sheffield, and how best to approach those people to get the funding, advice or mentoring you need.
- Sales and Distribution Day – specifically for filmmakers who want to learn more about taking their project to an audience through sales and distribution. If you have a film or TV project in a late or finished stage that you are looking to sell and distribute, this could be perfect for you. This day also gives the opportunity for filmmakers in the programme to connect with sales agents and distributors.
- Commissioning Panels are a chance to hear the up to date priorities for the world’s major factual commissioners in dedicated panel discussions.