Nordic Delegation at Sunny Side of the Doc 2017
Partnering with EDN and Sunny Side of the Doc, Nordisk Panorama is offering Nordic film professionals special opportunities and a major discount on your registration to Sunny Side of the Doc, taking place in La Rochelle, France 19-22 June 2017. Save up to €225 on your accreditation
Sunny Side of the Doc is an important international marketplace for documentaries and a gathering point for 300 commissioners and high-level buyers, 100 distributors and 2,000 professionals from around 60 countries.
The Sunny Side of the Doc market offers you an opportunity to develop your international network and to learn more about the international documentary market. It is a meeting spot for documentary professionals where you can take part in various forums, case studies and screenings, apart from finding financing for your next project.
Sunny Side of the Doc is calling for projects for the 28th edition. Nordics, submit your projects by the extended deadline 28 April.
Nordic Delegation at Sunny Side
Members of the Nordic delegation will participate on the EDN umbrella stand, which will be located in the ‘European Spot’ area.
As a participant, you will get:
- Reduced rate delegate pass giving access to all events and marketplace opportunities:
Participation: €340 + tax (instead of €490). This is a 4-day visitor pass — if you are a newcomer/first-time participant, this pass allows for submitting one project for the pitch selection.
Participation + commissioned project/project in development: €435 + tax (instead of €660). This is the option to choose if you are not a newcomer and planning to submit a project.
- Enhanced visibility on the market at the EDN umbrella stand
- Special attention and networking opportunity with EDN’s expertise
- Help and support from the Sunny Side experts
Furthermore, Sunny side of the Doc will gather a selection of 10-12 Nordic producers who will be proposed the following activities:
- Full access to all sessions, seminars and networking events.
- Pre-organized P2P co-production meetings with producers who have automatic access to public funding and looking into co-productions with the Nordic countries, for Nordic projects, to come out to the international market.
- Presentation of a few of the main TV channels and funding bodies (CNC, Procirep, ARTE etc) to understand better the funding and co-production possibilities for Nordic producers.
- Selection of 2-3 Nordic projects with international appeal across 7 main pitch sessions to showcase the best of factual creativity – one to one meetings organized with interested Decision Makers following the pitch.
- Sunny side will invite one film commissioner from each institution to accompany producers, participate in the pitch sessions and P2P meetings, and meet with his/her peers at CNC for co-productions.
Contact for more information & registration to the delegation: email@example.com
How to Participate
To sign up for the offer, please send a registration email with your contact details to Ove Rishøj Jensen at EDN.
The registration deadline for being included in the printed market catalogue (distributed on the market) is 15 May. Registrations past the official deadline will not appear in printed catalogues but will be available online. For further information about the catalogue, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission deadline for the call for projects is 28 April 2017.
Nordics at Sunny Side of the Doc
Ane Mandrup, DFI, Denmark
Anne Marie Kürstein, DFI, Denmark
Jesper Jack, House of Real, Denmark
Katrine A. Sahlstrøm, Good Company Pictures, Denmark
Ulla Hjort Nielsen, Filmforsyningen, Denmark
Ulrik Gutkin, Copenhagen Film Company, Denmark
Vibeke Vogel, Bullitt Film ApS, Denmark
Venla Hellstedt, Tuffi Films Ltd., Finland
Janne Niskala, Vaskifilmi Oy, Finland
Pertti Veijalainen, Illume Ltd, Finland
Mona Johanne Hoel, Freedom From Fear A/S, Norway
Anita Rehoff Larsen, Sant & Usant, Norway
Hege Dehli, Mechanix Film AS, Norway
Ida Kleppe, Pandora Film, Norway
Ingvil Giske, MEDIEOPERATØRENE AS, Norway
Trude Refsahl, Pandora Film, Norway
Ronja Yu, Ronja Film, Sweden
About the Stand
The EDN Umbrella Stand will again be located in the European Spot area.
EDN will help the participating producers network & match-make with other documentary professionals and potential financiers.
The stand will also be equipped with meeting facilities for EDN participants to have meetings and appointments at the stand. During the whole market EDN will offer a consultation and information service to the producers and filmmakers at the stand, providing feedback on potential financiers and international collaborators.
French Delegation to Nordisk Panorama Forum
This year, Nordisk Panorama and Sunny Side of the Doc has partnered in bringing in a French delegation of 10 producers to Nordisk Panorama Forum for Co-financing of Documentaries in Malmö, Sweden 24-26 September.
The collaboration will see the two factual events facilitate targeted business opportunities for both French and Nordic producers, looking for new creative and financial partnerships.
This year’s specially invited delegation from France will be a key ressource for French producers with a creative documentary project in all stages, linear and/or cross-media, who would like to co-produce with a partner from the Nordic region or get unique access to decision-makers from the Nordic market.