Nordisk Panorama is looking for a Festival Manager to join our dedicated team
Do you want to be part of an awesome festival organisation and lead the festival production team of Nordisk Panorama to a successful festival in 2018?
In September 2018 Nordisk Panorama Film Festival invites the residents of Southern Sweden and hundreds of international guests to join us for 6 exciting days filled with great documentaries and short films, an exiting conference on current topics and lots of social events for everyone who enjoys meeting new people and having fun.
For this awesome event we need a Festival Manager to be the team leader overseeing the production of the festival. He/she will be part of a group of team leaders working together to produce a highly professional event and the festival activities targeting the general audience will be his/hers main responsibility.
In other words we are looking for a professional and experienced project manager and a collaborative team leader to work with the recruitment of a festival team as well as the planning, budgeting and production of a welcoming and fun event that will leave the audience in awe.
As Festival Manager you will work at our office in Malmö and refer to our Executive Director located in the Copenhagen office for which reason some visits to Copenhagen are required. The festival event is organized by a dedicated staff in collaboration with The City of Malmö and Film i Skåne.
The job involves
• Building and leading a team of seasonal staff members to deliver a successful festival
• Taking part in fundraising the festival activities
• Managing the festival logistics incl. deals with local venues, hotels, restaurants and technical partners
• Initiating and maintaining strategic partnerships with local sponsors and partners
• Overseeing the marketing and communication in collaboration with the Communications Officer
• Delivering festival statistics, evaluation reports and financial accounts
• Experience in project management
• Experience as a team leader
• Experience in planning and producing large events or conferences
• Experience in budgeting, some fundraising and administrative tasks
• Experience in PR and communication
• Ability to read, write and speak fluently in Swedish and English
Nice to have:
• Experience in organizing film events
• Education and experience within the audiovisual industry
• A strong network in the film and cultural field in Malmö as well as internationally
• Experience from working with political organisations – i.e., The City of Malmö and the Region of Skåne
• Good understanding of the other Nordic languages
We would love to have a positive thinker with a good balance between structure and flexibility on board. One who works well in teams as well as independently and find himself/herself energized by new challenges – also during busy times.
You are able to handle a high level of complexity in your work and have the overview to prioritize, delegate or ask for help while working towards a deadline. Also you can take on a strategic perspective and put yourself in the user’s place to create the best festival experience for our visitors.
Job details & how to apply
The position comes with a one-year contract, which is gladly prolonged if both parties agree, and has a 3-month trial period. The salary will depend on qualifications and the capability of the organisation.
If interested please send your short application and CV to email@example.com before the 5th of January 2018 and make sure the subject line says ‘Festival Manager’. If you have any questions please contact Søren Poulsen @ +45 26 36 44 08. Interviews will be held the following week.
About Nordisk Panorama
Nordisk Panorama is a non-profit organization created by and for Nordic filmmakers 28 years ago to promote documentaries and short films. We aim to engage and activate audiences on issues of importance in society thus shifting conversations, resources and power and today we run a year-round operation and a leading festival showcasing the very best Nordic shorts & docs – an international meeting place for filmmakers and audiences who love short and docs.